Monday, April 7, 2014

Words unspoken

Good grief why did I just say that?  Why did I feel I had to say something that wasn't true to get out of a situation?  And the words came so easily...too easy!
Truth was I really didn't have to say anything and it would have been ok, so why did I feel the need to 'explain'?

The hearer of my words didn't know any different and my words had no ill effect on them, yet the nagging hurt in my heart was still there.  It was because my disappointment was not from the person I was talking to but rather the heart of God, his spirit was grieving inside me.

A good friend of mine often says, "words unspoken don't have to be retracted."

May this be the cry of my heart every day...multiple times throughout the day:

O lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. 
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, lord. 
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. (Psalms 139:1, 4, 23, 24 NLT)
Take control of what I say, O lord, and guard my lips. Don’t let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong. (Psalms 141:3, 4 NLT)

I pray my words always reflect truth and the spirit living within me.



No comments:

Post a Comment